(+92) 0317 1118263

Buying and Selling

In an extended family, one brother works


In an extended family, one brother works and the other organizes and takes responsibility for the home. Due to personal differences one of them had purchased land and separated from his family. Does the one who separated from an extended family get an equal share in the father’s inheritance? Or will his share be in accordance to how much money he contributed?

الجواب حامدا و مصلیا

The brother who had separated from the extended family had purchased land or anything else for himself with his own earnings, then these are all his personal possessions as per Shari’ah. It is not proper for anyone else to demand a share in them.
And Allah knows best.