Our masjid placed a notice for those who wants to perform I’tikaaf. Is it permissible to carry this out as per Shari’ah? Please guide us.
Necessary Guidelines for the Month of Ramadan
1) Due to the hot weather, the A.C and fans will only be turned on during the times of Salah and Bayan.
2) Those who intend to perform I’tikaaf should give their name, address and phone number to the Muazin.
3) Using cellphones while in I’tikaaf will not be allowed.
4) Those staying in I’tikaaf must avoid attending dawats (banquets).
5) Children under the age of 12 will not be allowed to stay in I’tikaaf.
6) Their (i.e. underage children) vomiting and urinating in the masjid will be of inconvenience to those who come to perform Salah and will make the carpets/prayer mats impure.
7) Those staying in I’tikaaf will not be allowed to use the fans.
Are these guidelines in accordance to the Shari’ah?
There is nothing against the Shari’ah in the mentioned conditions. In fact, other than the 4th condition, the rest of the conditions are in accordance to the Shari’ah. However, if anyone who wants to stay in I’tkaaf disagree with the 4th condition, then he can make his own food arrangements and spent him time in I’tikaaf. It will not be permissible for anyone to prevent him from spending I’tikaaf.
And Allah knows best.